#YESWEFIX - A PHOTOVOICE PROJECT (Stop being consumers, start being producers of education)
- Aim: To improve the condition of the teaching materials at our schools
- Procedure: Ask students to take photos of situations which they thinnk should be improved, upload them to Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/School’s blog with the hashtag ·#yeswefix and an explanation of why what has been pictured needs to be repaired
- The photos with the most likes will be chosen and passed on to the teacher in charge of the project
- Additionally, posters with the possible initiatives will be created and placed around school so that when visitors (mainly parents) visit the school they are informed and give a hand if they can
A) There is a general lack of organization with papers pinned all over the place and half of them falling down
B)The printer and computer cables are just dropping off which could lead to someone tripping over them and falling over
C) The coffee machine with the water deposit is sitting right over the printer, if there is a leak or water in spilled in the process of making coffee, the printer might get broken
D) The heater is sitting right next to the cables and to the chair, the cables could ignite and produce a fire
- There is a lack of drawing and painting materials, and the ones we have are in poor state.
- Many students cannot afford to buy their own materials.
- The outside walls need also some extra work. It would be necessary to implement a wall cladding.
- Students need to feel in a comfortable and harmonious atmosphere where they can enjoy of the educational areas.
- Both air conditioner and heating must be also repaired since students could be affected by the weather conditions in their learning process at school.
- The school library has very few books and the books we have are mainly for literature, chemistry and dictionaries of Spanish and English
- The books available in the school library are old, they are in very bad shape or even broken
- Some of the books in the school library are outdated or they have a newer version available. Due to this, students have to look for better sources outside the school
- Some of the materials in the classroom are broken.
- Students cannot take advantage of the lessons without appropriate material
- Many books are in poor conditions as they are old and there are some pages torn out from these.
B) Old materials that need to be replaced desperately.
- The shelves are empty. The students don’t have any kind of material besides the books -although they are in bad conditions-.
- There is a need of materials as: costumes, hangers, separate cubicles and other types of equipments to have a richer education and help the learning process.
This is a group project. In this project we took place
Paula Puerto Navarro